About the Role
SisterLove, Inc. is seeking a Peer Navigator (PN) who is responsible for providing individualized client-centered support for people living with HIV, newly diagnosed, re-engaging in care, and addressing factors that impact treatment adherence or retention in care. The Peer Navigator will be expected to work with individuals living with HIV (in addition to other clients) to develop strategies to maintain or improve their health and quality of life. The Peer Navigator must be living with HIV.
● Perform HIV Anti-Body Test, complete appropriate forms, follow up with clients regarding test results, developing sexual health and wellness plans, provides referrals to treatment, and scheduling a return appointment
● Provide confidential assessment to determine prevention needs of all clients
● Prepare and Disseminate HIV education materials, offers support, and provides pre- and post-testing counseling in accordance with SisterLove and CDC protocols
● Refer program participants to HIV/STI screenings, treatment clinics, and other services and educational intervention programs as appropriate
● Document and maintain records of all activities and report outcomes
● Facilitation of individual and group level interventions/workshops to include Everyone Has A Story (EHAS)
● Prepare, lead, and facilitate educational workshops and support groups
● Ensure SisterLove clients and support group members are aware of upcoming, meetings, conferences, workshops, and/or clinical trials information
● Ongoing recruitment of women living with HIV to SisterLove’s programs and services
● Attend all required organizational, department, and/or project meetings, workshops, and/or trainings as requested by Program Manager
● Identify and pursue educational opportunities to promote professional growth
*The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
About the Company
SisterLove, Inc., is the oldest women-centered HIV and sexual & reproductive health organization in the Southeastern United States. It was founded in 1989 to address HIV-related education, prevention, and research, and to support the rights of reproductive justice for all women and girls. SisterLove’s mission is to eradicate the impact of HIV and other sexual and reproductive oppression of all women and their communities in the United States and globally. SisterLove, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with a satellite office in Johannesburg, South Africa.